Friday, August 10, 2007

Some little things I want to remember..

This week as we were driving over to my friend Rachel's house to visit her new baby, Soren, Liam looked out over the edge of the Black River, through the trees on the street we live. He brought my attention to the setting sun. And signed SUN, GO HOME.
"Yes, Liam, the sun is going home." I said. Goodnight Sun, we said, me in my way, and Liam in his.

We got to Rachel and Soren's house. And oh yeah, Bert's house too. Well, we arrived at the family house and Liam just wanted to hold the baby first thing. And Rachel let him, just being Rachel, that's how she is. She's a good mom already I can see. Liam held the baby, and kissed his forehead. After a bit, Soren wanted Mom but Liam didn't want to give him up. He just wanted to hold that baby forever I think.

A while later we went outside. Liam begged to hold the baby again, so again he did. This time Soren didn't cry so Liam held him a good while. Liam gave Soren two soft kisses on his forehead. And one slobbery kiss on the forehead. Soren liked it though. I asked Liam, "What is this baby's name?" "Soren" he spoke. Rachel and I smiled.

Later on, in the house. Rachel commented to me. She said something like, 'It's amazing how creative he is with language. It is amazing how he uses the words he has to send his message, like how he said the sun is going home, instead of the sun is setting' We don't know the sign for setting, and he has never spoken the word 'setting'.

I agree with her. I want to remember everything he says. He is amazing.

1 comment:

britmummybites said...

What a lovely story for me to end the day (past midnight).

Each time i read your blog, Liam progress is brilliant.