Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sometimes the internet is not your friend...

... like when you get a report from the doctor telling you that your child should be evaluated for "Landau-Kleffner syndrome" (though he notes it is unlikely but should be ruled out). And then you start wondering what that syndrome is exactly, so you go wondering off into the world wide web and find out and it starts freaking the fucc out of you and making your stomach hurt.

UGG. I do this to myself all the time. I don't know why I can't just let it rest, let the doctors do their job, I always gotta go research and read read read, and etc etc & get myself all worked up about it beforehand.

So Liam has an appointment tomorrow at the Doctor about an hour away. We will be going to the airport beforehand to send off Grandma (as Liam says "Ma-Da") and Grandpa ("Pa-Pa"). He should be giving some of his famous hugs and kisses. We had a great visit with them.. more on that later.
The doc is the follow up with the neurology. So we will hopefully get the results of the EEG. I was totally fine with that and expecting nothing but now I am freakin myself out a bit. I know it would be better to save the freakin out for when it is really called for. I guess I am getting better with it, this time it isn't as bad as it has been in the past. But I really really dislike this feeling.
So some of these answers will be there tomorrow, and some more we will have to wait.

Liam just started with his sign interpretter at school and he is doing well. Though his teacher is really stricht and only tells the kids the intruction once, sometimes Liam doesn't understand the first time, and of course sometimes he doesn't listen.. so it will be intersting to see if Liam can learn how to follow directions the first time... I hope he can.

Well, I should get off of this world wide web and wait and do the researching until later, like maybe after the docs say, yes he has this. It would really be doing myself a big favor.

Sorry if this all doesn't make sense.. it makese sense to me.
Well, a lil'.

1 comment:

britmummybites said...

It makes perfect sense so don't worry. I hate the internet too with a passion when it comes to reading things and it sounds like they are talking about your child.